Thursday 24 March 2011

Alex Box

i had to do a written piece for my university interview so i discovered a make up artist Alex box her work is inspiring and inspirational.
Alex Box









Alex box is a lady that is creative in her makeup, she is the creative director of Illamasqua Cosmetics. The Magazines that she works for are Italian Vogue, Numero and Harper’s Bazaar. I feel that her makeup is extreme and I feel that she has her own personal style that is unique, she turns her makeup into an art piece, it attracts the eye and stands out so much that you want to keep looking at it, it also makes you wonder how it was created, it is a master piece. After looking at her work and researching about her work the tip that she gave was: “BOLDNESS OF ATTACK, LET YOUR MIND AND SPIRIT BE FREE, THERE ARE ‘NO RULES’, YOU ARE YOUR OWN CREATION”
After looking at all of her work the one that stood out to me the most was the one shown at the top of the page. This is one of my favourite pieces of work that Alex Box has created, I love the way that she has used light colours and natural ones, of different tones of browns. The wig that is used was based in the 18th century. I really like the black laced hair net used. The white base used, makes you drawn to look at her face first. The way she has used the pink and purple shades on the face makes her have a strong cheek line, I love how Alex box continues the colours on the eyelids and the lips, and the way she has used extended eyelashes makes the eyes bolder. The picture is taken straight on, but the model is looking down giving no form of eye contact, but she looks happy and content.
Illamasqua cosmetics are used for stage and screen make up, and currently is in the high street, the makeup is long lasting. This product has a great reputation as the products are not tested on animals. The colour’s in the brand is intense and has a huge range which makes you able to create and achieve a range of different looks. I have never used there make up brand but after all the research I have done I would love to try it and create my own unique styles using their brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment